Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, new goals!

Definition-
New Year's resolution - commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit.
I like to call mine my new year goals. There really is no difference I just feel like if I call it a resolution I will fail. If I set mine as goals it is something I can and will achieve. So here are my new year goals for this year (in no particular order)
~Take at 1 vacation (or more) with my family. Take 1 vacation (weekend away counts) with my husband. Take 1 vacation with (weekend away counts) with friends and family and take 1 vacation with extended family.
~Knit at least 3 items this year for me. Make at least 2 items for friends for no reason and make at least 1 item a month for people in need.
~Read to my kids a minimum of 20 minutes a day and have them read to me a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
~ Spend less Save more (a goal every year and every year it works)
~ loose those last 5 pounds
~ learn with the family a complete sentence in German
~ minimum of twice a month I will do the laundry and put it away the same day.
~finish my kitchen and bathroom and redo living room
~Say "yes" more often
~ get my picture taken
~learn to watercolor
These things may not seem like big things but I always try to better myself with these goals. I try to do something for me, for my husband, my family, my house, my friends and than everyone.
As I start and hopefully finish these I will explain why I chose them and why I think I will better myself when they are done.
Happy New Year!

No comments: