Saturday, November 17, 2012

Listen while you knit!

While working on christmas gifts I am listening to the final book in the Matched trilogy.
Reached by Ally Condie
I listened to the first 2 books this summer (Matched,Crossed) and this one came out on November 13.
The basic idea of the 3 books is a love triangle when a love is decided by a society. A society that decides who you love, what you do for a job and even what you eat. They find out about a rebellion than have to decide if they are who they say they are. This third one is nothing like the first two, everything is different. Just when you think you know what is going to happen it goes in a different direction.
This book is very thought provoking, lots of poetry with deep emotions.
I like to listen to book so I can knit,sew, craft and/or even do the dishes. The best audiobooks is determined by the reader. The three main characters Cassia, Ky and Xander are read by three different people. Each chapter is a different character and read by that person. Within their chapters they change their voice for all the people in that chapter. It kind of like listening to a movie.
So while my kids destroy the house because they have colds and won't sit down. I knit,purl and cable my way to another Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Gorgeous knitting!