Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Kid free night

Tonight my in-laws took the kids so I decided to take it easy. I am finishing listening to my Cobble Court Quilt book and this one is very different than the rest. There are 4 main characters in the other books, this one focuses on 2 people who come back to New Bern, Connecticut and find quilting to help them get through the hardships of life and bring the 2 friends together. Then the 4 other characters filter in here and there.
So I'm finishing up some gift for my God-Daughter and here they are.
I made the skirt (bought the fleece top) I found the easiest pattern for the cheapest skirt I've ever made.


This one only cost me $1.00


I paid $4.00 for all three skirts and it took me about 45 minutes (I didn't clock myself so...). But I wanted to go to the store and get more shirts and make more but she doesn't need that many.
Here is the Tutorial for a tank top skirt.


I only made the skirt from a panel I found for $2.00 at Hobby Lobby about 2 years ago.


I found these tops at Forever 21 they were buy 1,get 1free. I made this skirt from an old pair of jeans that my youngest had worn through the knees.
So I cut just below the back pockets and layered some fabric underneath it. I can't wait to give them to her. I'm hoping to make her 7 new outfits so she can have 1 week of new clothes.

- Keep crafting! Love, Me.

No comments: