Sunday, November 21, 2010

Knew what to do

Being the Mom of 2 boys has been interesting and I've learned what to do and what not to do. Do I always do them? NO! We went to the grocery store yesterday and bought apples (the kids favorite). I like to buy bigger ones so when I cut them up we can all share. I forgot to put them away and my 3 year old decided he wanted to try one or two. So he took and few bites out of 3 different apples. This is what happens when I decide to use the computer! So after he told me an hour latter I found the apples and freaked out! Luckly I quickly thought
Applesauce!



Fresh applesauce is a family favorite and it was gone so quick I only a bite or two!

Super Easy Applesauce
Apple
Water
Lemon juice
Sugar to taste

Peel and core apples. Cut the apples into small chunks. Add water to about the half way point of the apples. Bring everything to a boil, turn down heat and leave to simmer stirring occasionally till apple are easy smooch. I just smooch them with my spoon and leave it a little chunky but I have used a hand mixer so it would be smooth. Add sugar to taste, I usually throw about a tablespoon in so mine is low in sugar and I feel a little better about giving it the kids.
That's it! Applesauce keeps in the fridge for about a week or so but you can freeze it as well. But hot applesauce right off the stove does not even make it the fridge.
Enjoy!

- Posted by Me

No comments: