Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Got a new book!

Because I need more unfinished projects I decided to buy a book for all sock yarn I have piling up in my closet. I was going throw all my yarn a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe all the sock yarn I had. Bought with good intentions I have only finished 3 pairs of sock out of the over 18+ skeins of sock yarn. I needed something else to do with all this yarn. While avoiding making dinner one night I came across a blog that was reviewing this book.


Over to amazon I went and (luckily) it was sale! I got it the other day and just started


I have to admit though I am a little disappointed with this one. I LOVE the other one skein wonders and was hoping for some original ideas for something to do with all this sock yarn. Unfortunately I got a lot of scarf and shawl patterns. The "kid stuff" patterns has lot of baby patterns (I have toddlers).
The book was not all disappointing. I have been wanting to start a pair of gloves and there are many differnt ideas for those. Both with fingers and without. I can already picture some of the yarn making a hat or two like this one


The patterns for dolls clothes really make me wish i had a girl!
All in all I am happy with the book, it will help to get rid of some the sock yarn. Yes if I searched around the Internet I could have found similar patterns but the book gave me the idea in the first place.
I guess my sock yarn is going way beyond my foot now!
- Posted Me

No comments: