Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall learning



Homeschooling my boys has been a learning experience not only just for them but also for me. I have come to realize that there are many different ways of teaching and learning. We have chosen a mix between Montessori, Waldorf and unschooling. The best part of homeschooling is as we are finishing up our fall curriculum (thank you WeeFolkArt ) I found this cute book atour local used book shop for $0.50. It's about 2 mice that solve a mystery about how a new oak tree was growing where it was.


So as a family we went to the forest perserve and found LOTS of acorns and acorn tops.


I than went to HandbehgFELTS on Etsy and bought some wool balls. And one night after dinner we sat around the table and glued the wool balls to the acorn tops.


I didn't know what we were going to do with all them but since they have been sitting on our kitchen table my 3 year takes them out 1 at a time and counts them. He usually gets stuck around 12 and so his older brother will help him out. Sometimes learning to sit back and watch the two of them learn together makes me realize this is the best thing we could ever do!
- Posted by -Me

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Very fun!! I love it =) We collected acorns, but I like using the felt balls much better!