Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My favorite

With lots of strawberries still in my fridge I decided to get ready early for pie season. I found this great Strawberry Rhubarb pie filling recipe, my favorite! I left about a 1/2 cup from being canned, put ice cream on top, YUMMM!


Strawberry Rhubarb pie filling
3 large apples peeled and finely chopped
1 T. orange zest
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
7 cups sliced rhubarb ( 1 inch slices)
2 cups granulated sugar
4 cups halved hulled strawberries

Combine ingredients EXCEPT for strawberries, and bring to a boil over med. high heat. Stir constantly. Reduce heat, boil gently and stir frequently until rhubarb is tender. Add strawberries and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Ladle hot pie filling into jars, leave 1 inch headspace.
Process in water bath for 15 min.

- Posted by Me

No comments: